Monday, April 2, 2012

No.6 OOParts Atlanthal



Well I'm happy for the 449 of you who viewed the last post didn't freak out. But that was the high point of my april fools day... my first one I've ever had outside of school I think lol. Anyway today we are reviewing No.6 OOParts Atlanthal. This card is quite nice and caught my eye as a good and very balanced card. Read More for the full review and the picture oh and I was out with family for dinner... ordered a all you can eat wings meal for 11 dollars (First Mistake)... Asked for the hottest hot wings they could make (Second Mistake)... The waitress laughed at me and kept making jokes about it... I finally get the hot wings and smell them... (Third Mistake) I gag at how much pepper is on it... There were literal seeds from peppers on it... my friend ordered 10 standard hot wings and ours looked and smelled drastically different... I braced myself and ate all 15 while sweating, sniffling, trying not to vomit, and trying not to cry. So the waitress has been making fun of me the whole time... I get up to wash the peppers ans sauce off... upon entering the bathroom I held the vomit back and washed  up... forgetting to get some warm water(Fourth Mistake)... Leaves the bathroom and tries to drink my lemonade... Can't taste it... asks for my second helping to be barbeque (Fifth Mistake)... After I finish my 6 barbeque wings my father gets a to go box for his 6... I realize I could have kept the same wings... and gotten a to go box and gave them to someone I hated... Went home and started this blog post (Final Mistake)
No.6, OOParts Atlanthal
LIGHT
Rank 6
Machine/Xyz/Effect
2x Level 6 Monster
When this card is successfully Xyz Summoned, select 1 "No." Monster in your Graveyard and equip it to this card as Equip Card. This card gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the monster equipped by this card's effect. Also once per turn, you can activate this effect by removing 1 Xyz Material from this card and sending 1 card equipped by this card's effect to the Graveyard. Halve your opponent's Life Points. During the turn you activated this effect, you cannot perform your Battle Phase.
2600 / 3000

Well this card is obvious in how to use it... NOT!!! Alrighty first off it's Generic which is good for Rank 6 because thats not easy without something like Gishki or Hieratics. But also this is tied for the highest stat total of all Rank 6 monsters... 2600/3000 is tied with Focus Force 2800/2800. This card though can perform as a beater or a wall and do rather well at both but it's effect is nearly unusable turn 1. So halving life is a major thing but being unable to follow it up is dangerous. Only OTK/FTK I can think of would require the always present Electrum loop in order to shorten the total reps by 2 but you'd have to already have a No. Xyz in grave.

This card shines in something like Monarchs or Gishki as they put out Level 6 monsters consistently... Monarchs being able to summon this can be dangerous for the opponent after dealing with their other Rank 6's they'd have to deal with this one too. This card is just a really nice finisher if you are stuck against a huge monster with a Utopia or something in grave to equip to this beater... a Utopia equipped would give a 1250 boost putting him up to 3850 ATK... Shoot off the Utopia to half the opponents life which is useless late game most times as their life is low enough for an ookazi already. So most times this card will be used for the equip to make it one of the biggest easy to summon monsters in the game. Heiroglyphs can summon this but Photon Streak Bouncer is often enough on the auxiliary front

So more than likely you'll be using this card as a beatstick sadly. Until we can spam Atlanthals with an equip somehow to get an opponent down to 2000 or 1000 consistently before they can get a turn... getting someone down to 2000 turn 1 is massive and keeping 2 2600 beaters around at the same time is just stupidly broken but not gonna happen anytime soon. I'm still hoping for an early full reveal of REDU because I'm loving the new Earth Support. Thank you all for viewing today and not going batshit crazy over my terrible April Fools joke that was slightly late though on the East Coast of America I posted it April 1st lol. (Forgets Internet is International)


1 comment:

  1. Good Review. And lol at your hot wing shennanigans

    ReplyDelete