Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gemknights the Build

Throughout testing the deck has done surprisingly well even with DN being an evil person. Prism-Aura has nice tricks with Gem-Knight Fusion. Sanyx's second summon is very nice but hard to get a chance to do. The Main point of this build is that every monster can be used in a Fusion Summon... Turtle is there to search the Fusion spell which is needed for the comboes. Future Fusion sets-up Lazuli and Obsidian plays if I can get it. I wish it had more utility though. Anyway I've been working on the blog as you have noticed. I made Pages and am quite proud of the Decklist Page I'm working on. I'm learning more about blogger as I go so I will be trying out new things as I use it. Press the Read More button in order to see the deck list as I'm trying to keep the front page a bit more tidy.



Monsters: 17
3x Gemknight Obsidian 
3x Gemknight Lazuli 
3x Gemknight Sanyx
 3x Gemknight Amber
 3x Gem-Armadillo 
2x Gem-Turtle

Spells: 13
 3x Mystical Space Typhoon 
1x Dark Hole
 1x Future Fusion
 1x Heavy Storm
 1x Monster Reborn 
3x Pot of Duality

Traps: 10
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning
2x Fiendish Chain
2x Dimensional Prison
1x Starlight Road
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute

Extra: 15
As long as you have the one Stardust and a few Rank 4 Xyz and then the Gem-Knight fusions the deck can actually summon you are fine.

4 comments:

  1. Can you explain the win condition of this deck? I haven't done much research on it. Thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Win Condition would be fusion summon for advantage and in general beat down. The main point is if you get a chance to make an advantageous fusion summon do it... sometimes your Fusion Summons can roll into more Fusion Summons for a large field. if you draw the right cards. Lazuli+Obsidian for Zirconia if you have two Gemini Gemknights in grave you can put both to hand and then bring back the Fusion card to use again. The deck may change I'll probably put up a more refined build later on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, if you're going for Fusion Summons, then why the 3x Pot of Duality? Duality will prevent you from performing Fusions, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duality lets me get faster access to monsters and Future Fusion (Which can be played after Duality). Duality also solves the problem of not getting the Fusion Spell or the Monsters required to make it. Unlike E-Hero's I have no way to search Gem-Knights without my Normal Summon or set... Duality grabs Armadillo I can play it and search Obsidian or Lazuli. Next turn I can plus... Duality is always nice to have... Synchrocentric even runs it now. This deck isn't explosive until it's good and ready hence the Trap Line-up.

    ReplyDelete