Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Vylon... and EDH

So far in testing Vylon's have had a 30/70 success rate... A bit higher than Gusta (Not Hybrid). I won't release the build until it's near finality. I'm still trying to find the best way to do it that doesn't rely on an OTK to win. I've gotten close with Birdman and Tengu as support in the deck to allow for Ally Genex Synchro's and easy 7's which is the main synchro level for the deck. It's getting there though.

If anyone wants to share a build they have been working on please post it in the comments and I'll include it in an upcoming Vylon post. I'll probably not update this post but rather make a new one later tonight for a different format altogether... the unheard of in YGO Elder Dragon Highlander or EDH (This is completely fan made by my brother and completely unofficial. But it's actually not a bad idea)

I'll give a brief overview of the rules: (We tested in Dueling Network so the Max was 60 we planned on it being 70 Minimum as 60 minimum is too few)

1. Both players must have a minimum of a 70 card deck (On dueling network or other such things with a maximum limit change it to 60)
2. Both players have 15000 life points
3. There is no Banlist
4. You can only run 1 of each card
5. Along with your Extra Deck you have a General.
5a. The General can be any Non-Effect Fusion Monster
5b. You can Special Summon the General once per turn only during your Main Phases by paying 500 Life Points for every Level the General has.
5c. The General determines what monster types you can run in the deck through it's Fusion Materials.
5c1. Say I have Sanwitch as my General... that would mean I can only run Fiends and/or Spellcasters in the deck.
5d. If a General is removed from the field by any means it simply returns to the Extra Deck (But it won't stop costs such as Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon so you can remove a Dragon General for Red-Eyes and the General will still return to the Extra Deck (It isn't supposed to take a slot in the Extra but on Dueling Network it has too)

There may be other rules but my brother may post a comment at some point about it to clear up what I may have missed. If you want get some friends to try it out on Dueling Network or in real life it could be plenty fun and give you something to do with your extra cards that normally have no purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about a full build, but I found Trident Warrior really useful in a Vylon deck, especially with Cube. It's an instant level 7, (normally Sigma), plus an equip card for it. Twin swords of flashing light Tryce is also pretty good if equipped with Sigma's effect, as you don't need to discard, and you immediately get another attack, which means another equip. mage power can help negate the attack reduction effect of Tryce. I know its not a build, but I hope that's helpful.

    ReplyDelete