Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sometimes I feel like a 5 year old

When something doesn't go my way I instantly rage about it... thinking about my last post now... I'm just a dumbass who forgot that card games always run a major luck factor. Just that this format that Luck Factor is far more prevalent. Top decked Tour Guide can become game changing. Turn 1 Tour Guide can set up so much. But Also all of these kinds of plays are common and easily interrupted if you can draw a single Veiler. So what about just running Anti-Meta traps that Konami makes so often... First and foremost this Meta is all about simple removal through either large monsters with their effects or MST and Storm. Meaning no one is prepared for Traps that stop such things before they can happen. Paying Life Points this format is an extreme gamble and should only be done if you are confident it will stop your opponent cold. Black Horn of Heaven, Starlight Road, Brionac, Stardust Dragon and Effect Veiler will be greatly useful for the rest of the format. Battle Fader is also really useful to stop that push. LaDD control is looking really nice right now. And to summon it is quite easy... Think of it like this... Summoner Monk gets Eclipse Wyvern (Harder in TCG but just as doable) for Lavalval Chain and banished LaDD... put BLS on top of deck... End turn... they have to kill Chain or deal with BLS and another chosen draw (Tour Guide). You also now have a LaDD in your hand that you didn't have to draw into. I'm going to try this idea out and tell you all how it goes tonight. If all goes well I'll be quite happy. Besides I'm not the type to rant and follow through. So thanks for your continued support if it weren't for you all viewing my blog daily I wouldn't have the spirit to make posts. Right now this blog and my judging are all that keeps me playing this game (aside from the fact that I put in 10+ years into it.).

Anyway Wall of Text is now over and I'm ready... "Hametsu no Photon Stream!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know hoy you feel about the game, it's a game that's suposed to be fun and enjoyable, but the mayority of peopple who plays it just tries to win in the cheapest way possible...by overplaying the most expensives cards in the format leaving with no options for theplayers who don't have them or just want to play cassual, but hey, as long as you have good friends to play with it's always fun, isn't that the heart and soul of the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise?, that's what keeps me playing, the fun times i have with my friends.

    By the way, the Monk->Eclipse->Lavalval Chain->BLS->LaDD doesn't quite work that way

    The effect of Eclipse Wyvern will activate after the effect of Lavalval Chain has fully resolved, AKA placing the BLS on top of the deck, so the Wyvern will remove LaDD and you lose the BLS on the top of the deck.

    But the combo is a good main idea from wich can spawn a lot of crazy plays, so keep doing good ^^

    ReplyDelete