Saturday, December 3, 2011

Confidence and why you need it

When dueling you often think, my opponent looks calm and collected, he's outplaying me at all turns, I'm scared of him... You may not think these exact things but you'll feel them. Most times you like Yusei will often be quite scared when your opponent is destroying you ruthlessly and you have no way of fighting back... But that's when confidence is needed. If you are confident in your plays and your deck building skills you will be able to notice and separate your good plays from your risky plays and bad plays and decide which kind of play will open up your opponent to a mistake. Say you are facing down a BLS, Leviathan Dragon, and Stardust Dragon (don't ask how). You know you can only live 1 turn and throughout the duel you've been getting murdered and last duel was no exception. If you aren't confident in your abilities and don't take the chance to truly recognize your opponent for what they are you will have no hope. If you calmly retain confidence and see that your opponent has too much confidence in himself you can with the right cards and draw win the game. If you don't have confidence though you'll draw the right card and not pull off the game ending combo due to a misplay.

Well honestly if you aren't confident you won't win very often which will eventually make you even less confident... that's how I was back when I was younger but then Ernest told me to think of my opponents as worse than myself so as to increase my confidence level. Now that I have confidence in my play I don't overestimate my opponent or even underestimate I just play my game and avoid at all costs like the plague to get wrapped up in my opponents pace (once that happens you can no longer really win).

Anyway that's just a random thought I had and wish me luck for tomorrow I'm on the Paper Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment