Monday, October 10, 2011

Gusto Grif!!

Gusto Grif
WIND
Level 2
If this card is sent from the hand to the graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 "Gusto" monster from your Deck. The effect of "Gusto Grif" can only be used once per turn.
800/300

This card as mentioned in my review is epic... But I've been thinking about ways to abuse it... My first thought was Quickdraw!!! So far that idea is terrifying to murder people with... Quickdraw>Grif>Wynnda>Nitro Warrior is great as is Quickdraw>Grif>Reeze>Rank 5 Xyz is also great. But not only does Quickdraw make it really good it also meshes greatly into standard Quickdraw plays. Imagine a turn 1 of:

Quickdraw discards Gusto Grif... Special Summon Reeze... Normal Summon Junk bring back Grif... Synchro for Nitro Warrior and Stardust Dragon...

Gusto Grif though also works terribly well in a Gusto deck. The Tricky can be ran in Gusto as can Divine Wrath and Lightning Vortex among other cards with Grif in the deck... It seems like a combo that doesn't happen often but it happens very often... a stray Grif can become game-ending in that deck... Tricky>Grif>Gulldo>Stardust... That's technically a 1 card Stardust just that you have minus 2 in hand... But Caam can recoup that later and let Grif and Gulldo both be live again... Tengu can also be ran in Gusto as it works with Quill Pen of Gulldos to terrifying effect. Grif can make Tengu into a Level 5, 6, or 7 Synchro and if discarded for something like Divine Wrath can become a plus.

Gusto Grif is an extremely good card and I'm trying to explore all of it's many possibilities... besides it'd be game ruining if it could be used more than once per turn.

If you have any suggestions on how to use Gusto Grif I would love to know them because I personally find this card epic beyond... and for its stats it looks epic. Wish me luck with finding out all I can about this great card.

5 comments:

  1. For some reason, my instinct is telling me that a Gusto structure deck is coming out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, the eff of Grif missing the timig it is used for a cost of a card... for example, divine Wrath.

    Nice deck friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry but read the card... it says "If... you can" Meaning like Dandylion it will never miss timing no matter how it is sent to the graveyard as long as it is from the hand. IT will not miss the timing due to Divine Wrath or Tricky much like Fableds don't miss their timing from those cards. Please look up your standard rules so you can understand how this game works... Cost means nothing if a card says "If x happens you can do y" or "When x happens do y" It only matters if it's "When x happens you can do y"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaja Sorry Dude, im not read fine the card, you are right!

    Grif is an awesome card in QuickJunkDoppel deck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry if my reply sounded really harsh... I was just thoroughly annoyed that day and today i'm down with a cold... which for me is my man period lol... mood swings out the ass when I'm sick lol.

    ReplyDelete