Monday, September 26, 2011

Alexandrite Beats

This is basically a Light Beatdown deck lol but it's quite effective and good at that.

Monsters: 14
3x Alexandrite Dragon (Card is beast)
2x Banisher of the Radiance
2x Rescue Rabbit
3x Milla, The Temporal Magician
3x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Honest

Spells: 10
2x Smashing Ground
2x Forbidden Lance
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Heavy Storm
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole

Traps: 16
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning
1x Mirror Force
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Starlight Road
2x Dimensional Prison
2x Mind Crush
1x Trap Dustshoot
2x Photonize
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device

The philosophy behind having 2 Rabbit but only 3 Normal is that my opponent will often think the Second Rabbit can also do something because that is what is logical so will waste things on it... Like recently after using the first Rabbit for Alexandrite I had an extra... I normal summoned it and my opponent Solemned. I won due to the threat of Solemn being eliminated.

The trap line-up completely shuts down duels while my monsters quickly ravage the opponents options and lifepoints. Turn 1 Banisher with protection and a Road is depressing to see. Same with Thunder King and then I have Milla to get past Bottomless and other such cards that respond to successful summons. The deck works really well now. I also learned something regarding my Gishki deck... If I go first you;ll start the duel with less than half a hand and I'll know the rest of the cards... Assuming I don't loop you to nothing (Drawing Salvage often means game) like last game against a T.G. deck... Turn 1 Gustkrake with Lich Lord twice... down to 3 cards turn 1 and I knew about their Caius while simultaneously getting rid of both of their T.G.'s. The next turn he summoned Black Rose and nuked leaving 1 card in his hand... summoned Gustkrake again and got rid of Caius... Game ended there really even though it went on for like 1 more turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment