Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Late but meh GA Regs report

NOTE: This is my first major tournament in nearly 5 years.
So yeah I went to Regs and have finally gotten back into the Yugioh mood. I didn't top 32 but got really close (Once I lost at table 37 I scooped due to not being 3 3 but being 3 3 1 and that 1 draw meant I could no longer top 32.)

Anyway round 1: Tengu Synchro Beat vs. KMP
Game 1: I go first and drop Rai-Oh so he had to waste something on it to play gearframe which got Divine Wrathed. I from then on had advantage and everything he played died.
Game 2: Thanks to my side I was able to close this out without much worry except when he swarmed with Burei, Bureido and Nishipachi... which got destroyed by Colossal Fighter killing most of his field making him waste removal on it. I Avariced and debris for what baically became game.
1 0

Round 2: Tengu Synchro Beat vs. Gladiator Beasts
Game 1: I was able to keep up a little but couldn't do much once I got hit with multiple Gyzarus along with a rather unplayable hand.
Game 2: He sided in Dimensional Fissure and I just happened for the first time to draw Avarice and Monster Reborn turn 1 with no way to kill the Fissure until after I had 6 monsters removed... And I got Gyzarus'd multiple times ending with a heraklinos.
1 1

Round 3: Tengu Synchro Beat vs. Chaos Plant (I think)
Game 1: Took 37 minutes and he came out with a great top deck of Debris to use Black Rose's second effect.
Game 2: Turn 1 I Chain Disappearance his Dandylion that he got with Lonefire making the token war from last game disappear. Then I torrential his play and my Tengu. When I got my second tengu out time was called. I got in 1700. His turn he kills the rest of my Tengu's. I sucessfully pull of Marshmallon for game.
1 1 1

Round 4: Tengu Synchro Beat vs.Pure Plant Synchro (With Debris and Ryko and Trooper and Gigaplants and stuff)
Game 1: I stop his Gigaplant, Gigaplant, Tytannial, Lonefire play and come out victorious
Game 2: He pulls off some crazy combo and wins it with Double Gigaplant.
Game 3: We go into time Life is 5500 to 5600 him in the lead... I set Debris Dragon... He swings and loses enough life for me to win the game as his next turn was the last one and he couldn;t kill Debris.
2 1 1

Round 5: Tengu Synchro Beat vs. Machina Gadget Solidarity
Game 1: Gearframe gets Divine Wrathed and every play ends with him with no field Tengu pokes for his entire LP.
Game 2: Similar situation except I didn't Divine Wrath his Gearframe. But otherwise his plays were all deadends and nothing could be done. (In one of the games I 8000 0'd which felt great but I felt bad winning because he seemed so depressed).
3 1 1

Round 6: Tengu Synchro Beat vs. Six Samurai
Game 1: I draw into a playable hand but he as I predicted had a face-down Double-Edge and no actual traps in the backrow but I have no way to force the double-edge so it went off and he OTK'd over my Tytannial.
Game 2: I side my deck out and put in my Side deck lol. I start off with Tengu and he has nothing. He trunades and I Mind Crush randomly calling Kagemusha. He calls judge saying I don't have to see his hand (The new ruling from a Konami email states that I do get to see his hand to verify as long as it's not common knowledge that he has no more.) He has the judge see his hand and judge rules in his favor so I don't know about the in hand Monster Reborn and other cards. (But I did hit Kagemusha which felt great). I was doing well but in the end he dropped Naturia Beast instead of Shi En. I set Penguin Soldier after he killed Tengu so I got my other one. He swings into Penguin Soldier and I bounce Tengu and his Beast. And get another Tengu. My turn I avarice and oddly enough draw Tengu making the one on field dead meaning I became vulnerable. I got once again swarmed and had little I could do left over.
 3 2 1

Round 7: Tengu Synchro Beat vs. Gravekeepers (Match-up is obscenely easy unless you get my hands)
Game 1: Drew greatness and set a monster and a trap.  Necrovalley hit the field (Normally this doesn't hurt much because I normally either get rid of it quick or play around it.) This time though He had Royal Tribute turn 1 and dropped my hand and the in hand Avarice and Monster Reborn were both dead... Ryko went off and hit a monster so I could mill... I was unable to recover.
Game 2: I drew Tytannial and Tengu. Tengu got about 2 hits in and he drew a Spy. I Flip Penguin Soldier and  get negated. I play One for One discarding the other Tengu I drew and he Royal Oppressions. I swing into Spy and he says I can't pay 800 to negate it. I forget that it is not the damage step when Flip Effects activate so I believe him after a minute of persuasion and lose because of it so I think I might main Royal Oppression in my Tengu deck once I get 2 more Rai-Oh  and Zephyrus (Bounces Oppression and Tengu and is a free non-tuner.)
3 3 1

A judge told someone else nearby that had a 3 3 record that if they won the rest they could easily top... I lost at table 38 with a 3 3 1 record meaning I had 1 less point than him so it was impossible considering there were only 2 more rounds and a 5 3 1 record doesn't work.

Next time I go to a tourney my deck will be finished for sure. Gotta get 2 more Rai-Oh and 1 Zephyrus and I'll be happy but I probably won't see another Tourney until Xyz aside from Locals. So in the meantime I'll learn to play MtG. Don't worry I'll still do my nearly daily blogposts and with help from Ernest expect more variety and more useful blogposts as time wears on (Though he is taking Summer classes at his college so has less time than before)

5 comments:

  1. You can't Oppression the Spy, he's right there, but a good report, enjoyable read ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm in other words at locals I was being cheated... Though there I won anyway so it didn't matter... Anyway I think I'll main deck Oppression in my Tengu Synchro deck once I get more cards to bounce it at will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, think there's some confusion here.

    If I'm understanding you correctly he said you couldn't use the effect of Oppression during the damage step when Spy's effect goes off after being attacked. This is entirely the case, so you weren't cheated as far as I can understand it ;s

    Still, fun blog, keep it up :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah there was some misunderstanding on your part. I meant at locals I was being cheated because they said they could oppression my spies when they attacked them. (I run keepers is what I meant) But that also means my keepers got better lol.

    But I had no idea FLIP effects went off during the damage step didn't they activate after damage caluclation and destruction? (In the games my Ryko hits the grave and then destroys and mills (Or did the Damage Step changes change that (Honest I hate you))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flip effects always activate before going to the grave as far as I know, it's one of them pesky substeps. When I said 'attacked' I really meant 'flipped face up and after it's decided if it'll cop it or not'

    ReplyDelete