Friday, August 17, 2012

A Few Deck Idea's I've been working on

So I've been playing around with Nimble Angler and found some nutty plays...

Turn 1: Pitch Nimble Angler for Swap Frog... drop Treeborn to grave... grab out two Nimble Manta... Overlay for Gantetsu return Swap to hand as there's no point in playing anything further.

Turn 2: Revive Treeborn Frog... Normal Summon Swap Frog... pitch Ronintoadin... Bounce Swap Frog... Pitch any other WATER to summon Swap Frog.... pitch Dupe Frog or Treeborn Frog... banish it for Ronintoadin... Activate A Forgotten Ocean... and make all your WATER's gain 3 levels... overlay for Tiras or something if they summoned a monster then you could just Volcasaurus it to death and so on...

The deck just does nasty things onetime in the span of one turn... I summoned Megaloabyss... Gaioabyss... and Photon Strike Bounzer on my first turn of play using only Level 2 monsters and no Reborn or anything that is limited to 1...

My brother and I were also working on using Blockman... If you have two Blockman in grave and use Block Golem to summon both... if you protect them for your opponent's turn you can tribute them both for a total of 4 Block Tokens... Tribute for a God Card right? Yep you are right... Just that easy... Then after that you could even use Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane to tribute one of the tokens to revive Block Golem who can then get back both Blockman again... so now your field consists of Obelisk/Osiris and 2 Blockman... you can either protect both Blockmen for a turn and get 4 more tokens... or overlay for a Rank 4 Xyz summon like Fairy King Alverd or Kachi Kochi or Gem-Knight Pearl something EARTH.... Just a fun idea... not to mention using Block Golem to revive Koa'ki Meiru Guardian who then become active on the opponent's turn... so nasty...

I've been working on a Prophecy Deck as well and it's been going relatively well... It has tons of tools to deal with Rabbit decks but very few to deal with Inzektor's or Chaos Dragons... Partly because the build doesn't have enough room for a good Trap Line-up... I'm working on slimming it down but that's hard so I'll probably drop the Flamvell Magicians and 1 Spellbook Magician and 1 Wonder Wand for 4 more Traps to bring the total up to 10.

Anyone remember that Wan-Chan! Exodia deck I made a while back... well I'm still working on making it better it's hard enough to deal with by virtue of being easy to side deck for if you expect it but you shouldn't expect it because it isn't a mainstream deck. Still it is the most consistent Exodia deck I've built... I may actually try running A Hope for Escape because A Dog's Chance lowers my Life by 2000 after I use it without any One Day of Peace's to protect my life. But the double Reckless Greed has still been working great.

My Brother and I worked on an Alien deck which worked well and a Falcon Punch deck that utilizes Golgar and Prohibition to create fun situations and explosive plays. We built a deck of purely Spell Cards thanks to Jam Breeding Machine and also we built a deck of purely monsters thanks to Gallis FTK being a nice secondary win condition... (We only won a single game with that after we edited the deck to make that easier... Normally we just tributed for a God Card and won early... (Only God Card we got to summon was Ra but he won every game he was summoned in.)

So we have been having a ton of fun so far and I plan to post decklists after I move into my dorm room... BTW because it's the first week of school next week I'll be unable to post as I get acclimatized to the schedule. Same for Vanguard blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment